Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Checkers or Wreckers




It must mean I need to update this more if I forgot my username and password when signing in today! ;)

Racing is officially underway. The first race of the year was 2 weekends ago down in Lansing and Spring Valley, Minnesota. On the way to the races, Friday (the very first race of the season), I was driving Grandma Julie's new impala and rearended some teenagers right in a traffic jam in the cities. The dents are minimal, but costly, nonetheless! Shane was giving me a hard time (like I'm a bad driver or something), and he accidentally rearended a friend while they were riding 4-wheeler in the pits. The front bumper fell off of Mason's 4-wheeler. So I felt the need to rub it in that he wasn't watching where he was going. Shane said "the way this day is going, I better load my car back up".......Well, the picture above was the outcome of that night - pulled off the track with the tow truck....Had a minor mishap with the wall! Saturday was racing at Deer Creek Speedway with a 5th place finish. Both tracks only have Wissota midwest modifieds, and not the "big" Wissota Mods.

This past weekend we traveled to the same tracks, and Shane picked up the win on Friday at Chateau (Lansing). Saturday was Deer Creek again, and Shane raced Christina Wollak's street stock and finished 3rd in the feature. He won his heat with B-mod and the features were post-poned due to rain. So, as of now, the plan is to attend Princeton's season opener this Friday, Saturday back to Deer Creek for double features, and Sunday Golden Spike Opener! I'm hoping it warms up soon.... these chilly nights are annoying!

No comments: