Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby!

Well, I am approaching 26 weeks of pregnancy (rougly 14 to go)! I don't know why when talking about pregnancy you go by weeks, but in months, I am 6 down, with 3 to go!  So with the event nearing, I've been trying to figure out sleeping arrangements, and get the things needed to care for a newborn!  Mason and his new sister will share a room for a couple years....Yep, you read right, siblings will share a room! I know, pretty uncommon in this day and age...  And a boy/girl combo? I should be ashamed!  Ha!  You might be thinking that Mason can move upstairs (cuz he's old enough), well I don't think he is, and I'll move him when I'm good and ready! :) And when he comes in my room in the middle of night to sleep on the floor next to me, I will let him!  Because I know that when he gets older, he's not always going to want his mommy!  So I will cherish the time he does want me!  I mean, really, do you honestly know of any teenage boys that still want to sleep in their parents' room?! :) 

Anyway, the crib bedding came in the mail the other day, so I was setting it all up, and cleaning out the dresser & closet to make room for more clothes & shoes.... And noticed, someone must be sensing a little less attention.............
Yep, as I washed/folded pink clothes, someone played guns in the baby crib!
(Can you seen him off to the left, with his pistol sticking out near the front?!)

And a few days later, as I sewed curtains (which I don't like now that I have them done...so will be making new ones) and hung wall decoration.... He pretended to nap like a baby, and asked me to get him a bottle ("but just water in it, mom")! 

And so far, we have not decided on a definite name for our baby girl, but have narrowed the list of 15 down to 4!  Shane says anything over 6 letters is too long, I haven't liked any name he's come up with, some of our choices come with interesting intials, and well, basically, we just can't agree on one!!  I'm sure I will ultimately convince him to like my favorite (after all, I'm the one doing all the work)!!  And if Mason had it his way, she'd be called "Foxy" (off of a movie) or "Ashley Mehrwerth" (cuz she races a hornet, and is Corey's sister)!

And this is the first belly shot that I have of this pregnancy (25 weeks)... Geez woman!...Get with the program!!!  Most women take one like every 4 weeks...Oops!


Race Weekend Recap: This past week we raced Thursday at Willmar, where Shane placed 3rd in the MWM and 5th in the Mod.   Friday we raced at Princeton where Shane won with the MWM and finished 7th with the Mod.  Saturday, Brainerd had cancelled due to rain, so we thought we'd try Ogilvie Raceway... The A-mod heats were just starting, when so was the rain.... So they were also forced to cancel as strong storms were coming!

No comments: