Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wissota 100

I will give a quick run-down of the Wissota 100 from this past week out in Huron, SD... Quick becuase I didn't snap a single pic and right now I'm too tired to think...I'm guessing I just still haven't caught up on sleep yet...And it didn't help any when we went to bed at 9pm on Sunday and Braelyn thought she should wake up at least 10 times throughout the night. (No, I'm not exaggerating!)  So I took her in Monday evening to have her ears checked, and the doc said everything looked good.  She woke up Monday morning with a bloody nose (probably from the dry air and furnace on), and she's had a stuffy/runny nose for a week, so I thought something was up, but NOPE! no ear infection, tubes looked great, and throat was fine.  So I put a humidifier in her room and she slept all night last night! Thank God!

But anyway, back to the Wissota 100... Let me just warn you that I could be wrong on some of these, and i'm too lazy to look it up! (scratch that-I can't even remember his heats) And besides, the format is so dang confusing for most people to understand, so I will just say that he made the feature with all 3 cars.  You race your heat, then a qualifying feature, then the top 12 from the qualifying feature (each night) go to the big feature.  He finished 4th in the mwm feature, 11th in the super, and DNF'd in the mod.  He did pick up a win in the Race Of Champions with the mwm, so at least we went home with a little money.  And by home, I mean, spent waayy more than we made :(  The weekend was hard on everyone's wallet (I think Buzzy Adams, Lance Matthees, & Tim Johnson made out alright though ;).  The track ate tires like candy, the 10 hour round trip does a number on hauler fuel, and there's ALOT of racing (wear and tear on car, fuel) that takes place just to try to earn a spot in the money-paying show.  We had fun and enjoyed our "mini vaca" (other than the cold temps), but are glad to be home!

No comments: