Monday, January 5, 2015

Fishing and Snocross Racing

 
It's been a crazy fun last few weeks! I only had to work 4 of the last 16 days... It was super awesome and I love that my daycare parents had flexible schedules over the holidays to allow me extra time off too.  We spent Christmas with our families and then headed to Red Lake to do some fishing for a few days.  The fishing was rather slow, and I got quite bored.  I think I ate all the food we brought the first night, because when I'm bored, I eat.  We watched movies, the boys played PlayStation, and I played Nintendo DS to pass some time.  Next time I'll know better, and pack a book or two, some magazines and word finds.  There was no service for our phones so that thing was basically useless.  The kids were actually really well behaved and didn't seem as bothered as I was about the lack of fish!  Me and Brae rode home with Shane's parents and Mason and Shane stayed another night (and moved the fish house).  Of course they found an awesome hot spot after I left! :) Ha!


 
On New Year's Day we took Mason to ERX race park in Elk River, MN to give snowmobile racing a try.  Shane went to Speedwerx and got a clutch kit for it, DJ bought him some goggles and racing gloves, we dug out some hand-me-down safety gear and off we went.  We were all pretty pumped to watch him and Mason was excited too!  He says he wasn't nervous, but I could sense he was a little anxious before his race started.  He took the lead on the first corner and never looked back... well except when the flag man forgot to give him the white flag and he knew it should've came out!  Shane said he was more proud watching Mason's win than he has ever been of any of his own wins. I asked "Even Mod Nationals?" and he said "I've never wanted to cry like a baby over any of MY wins."  That's how cool it was!  He went on to win both rounds of his group (Beginner 120 age 4-12), which gave him the first place trophy!  He was so excited and can't wait to do it again. 
 



No comments: