Wednesday, March 11, 2015

....CONTINUED

So I explained how I like to get rid of things, and clear my house of clutter HERE. But my husband isn't quit on the same page as I when it comes to ditching the "things".  So how do we compromise on things that stay and things that go?  Umm, well, typically I'll tackle a job when he's gone and if I know he hasn't used or worn it in the past year, I kind of just assume that he won't notice it missing anyway.  And 9 times out of 10, my judgment is spot on.  I bet he'll never miss the 8 cloth belts (you know, the ones that come with men's shorts) or the dozens of old shirts that sat folded in the bottom of the closet, or his pairs of work boots that have accumulated over the years.  Because why would anyone resort to the old things, when you have since replaced them with new things? 

But remember how I said I'm right 9 out of 10 times?  Yeah, so there was this ONE time that I went cleaning crazy and gave away all his racing coats that have accumulated over the past 10 years.  They were given to him for various track championships and state/national championships.  Now mind you, these coats are stored in a closet in the hallway and not in our entryway, which means they are not/have not been used in years, so it was fair game (in my mind) to get rid of them.  But I forgot about the second part of my rule... is it beautiful?  Because what I see beautiful vs. what my husband or kids see, is different.  Not so much that he thought his coats were masterpieces of art, but he enjoyed having them and looking through occasionally.  How did he even notice them missing, you ask?!  Of all things, he went in the closet to get the vacuum..... Who'da thunk?!? ;)  *I was thoughtful enough to keep a few coats.  But my lesson here is to maybe get permission before you get rid of someone else's things!

Someday, we'd like to move.... To the country, to a farm, live in a hauler, travel the country racing... who knows.  But when the time comes to pack up this house, I'll have fewer boxes to move, by moving them now!!

Have a happy week!! Maybe do a little spring cleaning!!

 
 

No comments: