Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Update

This past Friday was rained out (everywhere)..... We ate supper at House of Pizza, and planned on coming home and relaxing with the Nationwide race, cheering on Steve Arpin!  Well, an hour after we sit down, there's a knock at the door....A man says "Can I have 15 minutes of your time to clean the spots on your carpet?" Me, in my mind, {My carpets are filthy and disgusting from daycare kids, so I should really let him in.... But I really don't want you in my house right now (not even for 15 minutes).} I replied with "You're sure it's FREE, and you're sure it'll only take 15 minutes?"  He answered "yep, we'll clean those spots up in no time!"

So he goes back to his van, and out comes a huge box, and some girl, and he leaves.  I'm thinking, now why are you leaving her here with no vehicle when it's only going to take 15 minutes?  Well, I'll tell you exactly why!!! Cause he was a big fat liar man saying anything just so we'd let him in!  Well, she was here until 11:20pm!!!  (Almost 3 hours!!)  She vacuumed our floor with my vacuum, then vacuumed wth her vacuum, showed us the difference and why hers works so much better, vacuumed our matress, read a book about dust mites to us, told us her vacuum would cost $2,300 (but she'd give an end of the month special for $1,800) shampooed our carpet, and finally called for someone to pick her up.  The man came in (with much more enthusiam than her...which is probably what made up my mind), and of course he gave us his lowest offer possible (ya, right!)...$1,399.  Well, after a ruined Friday night, guess who is the proud new owner of a Kirby vaccuum? Yep, this sucker!! :)  It really is a good vacuum, and it should last forever (or so they say)!  And it actually makes me want to vacuum cuz I feel it's doing such a good job...So I guess it's worth it, right?!

And, the jetboat that we were looking into buying for our Sundays off, sold anyway, so you could say that I saved myself some money, cause the vacuum was alot cheaper than a jetboat.  Oh, wait..Boats, sun, water, family VS. pushing a freakin vacuum around.... Not Cool! 

OK, enough of my whining..... Saturday we went to North Central Speedway in Brainerd for their opening night, and Shane did very well!  He took 2nd in his B-mod heat, and won the feature!  And won his A-mod heat and got 2nd in the feature!  We did have to sit through a 2 hour rain/track packing delay, so it did get to be a cold, late night.  But the track was in very good shape, and it turned out to be some great racing!!

Trying to stay warm!!
Mason lending a helping hand to the competition! :)
B-mod feature win!
The reason Mason likes going to the races so much...Axel throws candy!!


Sunday, Shane went to Kasson, MN (Dodge County Speedway) with just the B-mod, cause they don't have Wissota A-mods.  He won his heat and finished 2nd in the feature to Brandon Davis!  I didn't go with, but I heard it was a very exciting, close finish!!  Instead Mason and I cleaned all day (although after a morning of 10 kids, you can't even tell), and we went grocery shopping.  Mason thinks it's so cool that he can carry 2 cases of pop in by himself! 

No comments: