Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot! Hot!


Good afternoon, all! I keep up with weather according to facebook...which apparently it's pretty warm out there.  One advantage of working from home, is just that...not leaving the house! :) The kids are required (by law) to go outside daily, "weather permitting"...I decided it was not permitting!  Shane, however, is required to work outdoors & work some more when he gets home!  Somehow he conned Mason into helping! :)


They managed to cool off with a water gun/pressure washer war! They say "it's all fun and games til someone gets hurt" and sure enough Mason ended up aiming the pressure washer at his foot and blowing the skin off the top of his foot.  I was in the house and Shane was doing something and he notice Mason throw the handle down and run away yelling "I don't wanna wash the cars anymore!" He wouldn't tell Shane why he quit, but just kept repeating "I don't wanna wash the cars anymore!" Finally Shane seen the red line across his foot...I bandaged him up and gave him the miracle medicine (tylenol or a teething tablet...heck, if they made a chewable vegetable tablet that'd work too)!  And he was better!

This past week Shane raced on Wednesday in Fargo, ND for a mwm special where he ended up 5th in the feature.  This was the only class they ran that night.  Thursday was rained out.  Friday, our usual Princeton was rained out so we headed to Fergus Falls, MN where Shane won with the MWM, took 2nd in the superstock, and only made a half a lap in the mod.  Saturday he finished 2nd in the MWM, DNF'd in the superstock (well, not really...he finished 4th but had a flat right rear tire for the last 2 1/2 laps and the flagman was pointing him to the infield.  He was holding a steady line so decided to stay racing, but later was docked at the payout window).  He won with the A-mod!

*reminder MWM = midwest mod & DNF = Did Not Finish (the race)

Kids News!!

I was so excited when Braelyn started crawling (as with any parent with any milestone!) because I thought this would give her some independence and not long to be held all the time and go everywhere I go.  She could now go where she wanted to go (or just follow me everywhere)!  Well, I found out real quick that it doesn't make things easier.  Now I long for the time I can set her down and she stays put while I get things done.  She definitely was occupied while I was getting chores done, little did I know she was only making another chore for me to do (clean her and the wet floor up!)......
 Mason always played in the toilets at this age too! Just as long as everyone flushes! :)

And speaking of making more chores for mom, I went to take her out of her carseat and found she got ahold of the puffs and dumped them all over herself and was eating them.  She usually hates the car ride and I thought she was awfully quiet, but figured she fell asleep. Thankfully she didn't choke on one (or on the plastic bag for that matter)! :)  The little turd still has a way of making me smile even when she's into mischeif!!


This video is several weeks old...It's when she first learned how to clap, but I'm mostly just trying to see if I know how to load videos to blogger! 


I suppose with "Kid News" I should probably post something on Mason, but other than his foot mishap, nothing's real new.  I received an email of his preschool supply list today, and started to panic.  Not because it made me aware of the fact the summer is half over :(, but because I'm worried how he'll do in a different setting.  It's only 2 days a week for 3 hours a day...It can't be that bad, right?! If he can make it through the year without a trip to the principal's office, we should be in good shape for the next 13 years! :) 

No comments: