Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mason's New Bedroom

For the past 4 years the kids have shared a bedroom down the hall from ours.  Well, actually 3 because I think Mason slept on the floor in our room until he started Kindergarten. (I'll address that later.)  They had bunk beds and Mason goes to bed at 8:30pm by himself and Braelyn would get carried to bed around 10pm (my bedtime) after falling asleep on the couch or in our bed.  They couldn't go to sleep at the same time or they would sit and chat and keep eachother awake.  Finally we decided it was time for Mason to get his own room upstairs, but I was in no hurry so I said I'd do it gradually and shoot for Springtime to move.  One thing I've realized about myself though, is that I don't like having an unfinished job/project in the back of my head.  So what was intended to be a gradual process turned into a 4-day ordeal of painting, sanding, staining, nailing, screwing, stud finding, online shopping, and several trips to Home Depot.  And although I've already considered myself a pro at painting (not for preciseness but for speed), I can now add wood working to my resume! ;) HA!
 
 


 
 



 



 
Mason just loves it and does awesome being on a different level of the house.  I think it's quieter up there so he isn't yelling "TURN DOWN THE TV" a gazillion times while we're trying to watch our shows (Chicago Fire, Chicago PD & Parenthood).  And like I mentioned earlier, he did sleep on the floor of our room for maybe a little longer than recommended.  Heck, I'm pretty sure "they" recommend your child never sleep in your room.  But you know what? It always seemed to bother people who didn't live in our house more than it bothered any of us.  And I always knew he wasn't going to willingly want to sleep in our room when he got older, because, who wants to have friends over and say, "Hey, this is where I sleep" while pointing to a crib mattress next to their parents' bed?  I knew it would be short lived (in perspective), so I enjoyed it while it lasted.  And now it's such a vague memory that I don't regret it a bit.
 

No comments: