Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ogilvie Raceway Opener


I never did address all the hoopla that went down with 2 of our weekly tracks switching sanctions, but basically it means our schedule was rearranged slightly.  Princeton and Brainerd switched from Wissota to IMCA, and Granite City Speedway switched from Sunday nights to Friday nights.  I've heard opinions from each side of the fence and my only opinion is that I believe things will work out for everyone.  As much as it makes people defensive and uncomfortable, change is inevitable.  And sometimes I think people just like having something to complain about.  It's like we all complain about the pot holes, but then we bitch during road construction because traffic is moving too slow or we're forced to take a detour.  Maybe that analogy wasn't pertinent, but you get the idea! Sometimes the difference in the situation is all in your attitude.  And I truly hope that this shift in central MN racing turns out beneficial for all involved! 
 
So back to our schedule change.... We now will be racing Granite City Speedway on Friday nights, and mainly Ogilvie Raceway on Saturday nights.  KRA speedway in Willmar is a possibility on Thursdays, depending on work.  And occasionally we might travel somewhere on Sunday, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to have that day off to enjoy other summer activities!  Might need to sell a racecar to buy a new boat! :)
 
Shane has admittedly never been much of a fan of Ogilvie, mainly because he struggles there and is intimidated by the backstretch wall.  But see why change can be a good thing?!  It forces you to challenge yourself to figure out something you previously would've just given up on!  This past Saturday he finished 2nd in both the Midwest mod and super stock (both from the front row I believe, as it was draw/redraw for opening night), and made his way up to 8th from 19th in the mod, after a tough break during the heat.
 
Braelyn usually volunteers to help wash, and I couldn't help but chuckle at her choice of shoes.  The kid's a goof.  She's pretty homely dressed most of the time, but I pick my battles, and let her do her thing.





There's a reason we usually shop Walmart and not Target, and Rollback prices are not the reason!  Yes, she's wearing ONE clip on dangly earring. :) Ooy!
So long for now... Have a great week!

No comments: