Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Wisconsin Racing

I'm going to start off by taking the risk of offending some fellow race-track goers, and tell you that I find it annoying (as do others) if you clap, cheer, grin from ear to ear, or voice your enthusiasm for a driver when he has unfortunate luck (mechanical failure, driver error, wrecked equipment, etc.).  I'm not speaking from an incident that happened to Shane, just something I witnessed over the weekend and I can't help but wonder, where's the love?! Of course we all have our favorite drivers that we hope to see win, but to root for someone during hardship just seems immature to me.  I get that racing isn't really a team sport, but I think we're all united in a "hey...I came here to win, but mostly, I come for the fun of it!" type of way.  Or at least I hope you come for the fun of it.  And if you find yourself at the racetrack and you're still grumpy, I advise you to stay home & find something else that makes you happy.  Being at the racetrack makes me happy.  I enjoy watching a good battle on the track, and it's worth noting that I enjoy Shane winning; but I also find enjoyment in other competitors winning too. The thing is, my favorite part of the night usually doesn't revolve around winning or losing.  I come for the company of those that have befriended me, and the bullshitting, beers, and food afterwards!  So even if you're not quite ready to show some love to everyone within this awesome sport, at least keep your mouth shut when someone's having a bad day! :)
 
 
Now, onto results:
Sorry, I forgot to post last weeks results, but our first race around home was at Cedar Lake Speedway in Wisconsin on April 11th.  The superstock wasn't quite race ready, so we just brought the mods, and Shane ended up winning both features that night!  This past weekend we ventured to Rice Lake, Wisconsin for their season opener.  He (Shane) finished 5th in the Midwest mod, won with the superstock, and finished 3rd with the mod. 


Sorry the pictures seem blurry. The superstock has a little different look than the mods...I like it...it has a prettiness to it! :) The next race is still undecided, as we'll keep an eye on our options with this  cold weather we're having! Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: