Monday, March 22, 2010

Work before Play

Mason chopping ice!  This was a good time occupier.

And he actually likes to vacuum (which is good, cause I could use the help)!
This was right after he crashed into me while I was riding my pedal bike.
Shane then taught him how to pull the brake.  But he took a break to say HI!



Saturday we took a day trip to the Mall of America to go to Underwater World, and rode some of the rides at the Nickelodeon Park.  It was a fun, but exhausting day!  Way too many people for me! Oh funny story about Underwater World....  Adult admission was $18.99 per person, children 3+ were $13.49, and children aged 2 and under were free.  So, in an effort to save some money we planned to say that Mason was 2.  So when we get there, the greeter lady tries to convince us to buy a family membership for $95 (for Shane, I, Mason, Neil, Kloey & Kaydence-some friends of ours) and we wouldn't have to wait in line either, but I said "No thanks that will cost more cause he's free cause he's 2".  Mason says as loud as possible...."Mom, I'm 3...Mom, I'm not 2, I'm 3!"  I whispered to him "Mason today you're 2, now be quiet!"  So, the whole time we waited in line (like 45 minutes) to purchase our tickets, we had to rehearse to Mason that he is 2.  And if he didn't cooperate we would feed him to the sharks!  So, finally he understood (in a very confused way), that today it was ok to fib.  But I didn't trust that his little mouth wouldn't blurt it out at the register, so we coaxed him into pretending he was sleeping on dad's shoulder and I would do the talking.  So, I pay for Shane and I and say that he's 2, she gives us wristbands, and says he doesn't need one unless he wants.  I said Yes he'll want one when he wakes up.  She said she needs to put it on him, so he has his eyes closed as tight as possible (to the point he's squinting, and doesn't looked relaxed one bit), and flops his arm off of dad's shoulder and over to the lady.  She had to have known he was faking, but we pulled it off and saved our $13.49.   And to be honest, it wasn't all that great.  It was good, just definitely not worth the $40 we paid, and the $50 Neil paid.  The money would've been much better spent on more rides!

 Sunday we spent the day outside.  Shane and Mason on the little 4-wheelers, and me on my pedal bike, until Mason crashed into my front wheel when he was turning around and bent my handlebars!  Needless to say, he does know how to use the brakes now! 

No comments: