Friday, January 22, 2010

And, We're Off...

Well, not exactly "we", as I am sitting on the couch typing away, watching some boring judge show, as the kiddos are napping after a somewhat of a hectic morning.  I was so busy worrying about Shane having everything he needed, that I completely forgot to pack myself.  I will be flying down for part of the time, but I wanted to send my clothes with the guys so that I wouldn't have to worry about luggage at the airport.

So, we said  our good-byes which  went something like, "You gonna miss me?"  "Um, probably......Are you going to miss me?"  "Probably  after a  few days"  Oh, can't you just feel the love?!

 Did I forget to mention the destination?!  Warm and sunny (hopefully), Florida!!!  In my 28 years, I have never flown alone, so this will be something new for me!  My only fear, of course, is A) getting lost during the plane change, B) the pilot crashing, and C) a man next to me with a bomb is his underwear, oh, and D) riding in the taxi from the airport to the race track.  Something about being alone in a car with a stranger gives me an uneasy feeling!

The races don't actually start til Tuesday, which I'll watch via webcast, hoping that Shane does better than he did the last time he raced south.  I think he made the main event only twice out of the 12 nights (and wrecked it the final night).  He's going with low expections, knowing that this is a whole new ball game, and the fact that he's running a spec Wissota motor, when most of the guys have an open motor (more horsepower is what I was told, other than that, don't ask me what the diffence is).  He debated on getting an open motor, but the cheapest he could find one for was $13,000.  That just isn't in our budget (I mean his budget...we don't share money).  And to spend that much for only 2 weeks worth of use is not justifiable. 

So long for now, and I'll try to update finishes when I get a chance! 

Hopefully we didn't forget anything!



No comments: