Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First post of 2010

Is it twenty-ten, or two thousand ten?  What do you find yourself saying? I use a little of both...twenty ten sounds a bit futuristic, but two thousand ten doesn't follow past pattern.  When it was 1999, we all said nineteen ninety nine, not one thousand nine hundred ninety nine, cause that would be really long and wierd!  Well, either way is fine with me.... Happy 2010!!!

Sorry, I don't have a whole lot to say lately...It's kind of boring around here!  We went to a waterpark hotel with some of Shane's fam in Brainerd for New Year's Eve...the kids had a blast!  Mason was brave enough to go down one of the slides by himself (after 50 previous times with Shane or I), and even went on the BIG slide twice (with tears the whole way up the flights of stairs).  He would whine while walking up there, but once they took off, he was pretty excited and had to give me "high-five" afterwards! (I didn't want my camera to get wet, so sorry no pics.)

This past Saturday we caught some snocross races in Elk River, MN.  How crazy are we to take our 'almost 3 year old' out in the frigid temps (like 15 below 0)?  But every time I asked him if he was cold, he'd say "No, I'm fine!"  And he was covered head to toe (except his eyes), so it wasn't as bad as I though it would be.  Thankfully Ebert's let us warm up in their hauler/semi, or I would've froze my face off! Dan (Ebert) did outstanding, as usual!  The day we were there was qualifying, and Dan won 3 out of his 4 races, and took 2nd in the other.  Sunday was the finals, which we missed out on to watch the Vikings dominate their game as well! (Again, sorry for no pics, I figured my camera would freeze!)


The "Bemboom" cousins with their zhu-zhu pets (minus Cassie, she's a little old for toy hampsters)!

Mason taking pics of everyone (me with my ornaments from my Godchild, Madi)

The "Sabraski" cousins with their new toys!

Attempting a snow angel!



Well, for not having a lot to say, that looks pretty long....

3 comments:

Fouquette Racing said...

Happy New Year! (I say 2 Oh 10 - but I am a dork). Did Mason get a new 4-wheeler? He'll have to bring it over when it warms up so he can ride with Devin :-).

Kat Sab Blab said...

Yep, Shane's parents got it for him... It's smaller than his other one, so it fits him perfect. He does awesome with steering and throttle control!

I will talk to you soon!

Kat Sab Blab said...

Oh, and yes, 2-oh-10 is kind of dorky!!!