Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Night 1

Well, night one of Florida racing is in the books.  Shane faired 'so-so'...He was 3rd fastest in his group for time trials, so that put him outside of the front row for his heat (they took the 4 fastest times, and inverted them for the heat line-up). The inside guy initially took the lead, but Shane ended up passing him on the second lap to win his 'first race' of 2010.

Here comes the 'so-so' part....He redrew a 7 for his feature starting spot, and was running the bottom of the track in 6th place, then decided to try high, and fell back to 8th.  Then, with 10 laps to go (or was it 10 laps in?) he got a little too high, and banged the wall coming out of turn 4.  Needless to say, they have a little work to do tomorrow (but what better do they have to do anyway, right?!)

I'm not familiar with many (hardly any) of the guys racing down there, so I can't congratulate the winner, cause I forgot his name (and I could probably look it up, but I'm way tired...and why I am up past 1am on a week-night anyway)...I do know he was from Florida, and 2nd place was Dave Hess from Pennsylvania. And the only reason I remember that, is because last time we raced in Florida, we pitted next to, and hung out with him most of the time!

No comments: