Friday, January 29, 2010

Night 4 (Friday)

Things are starting to turn into a blur... tonight's results look similar to last night, and I can't seem to keep track of who finished where!  Shane started 5th in his heat and finished 5th.  I can't remember much of his B-main, but I think he finished 8th. Tonight he was chosen for the strawberry dash, which him and Brady Short put on a heck of a show, with Shane coming up short on the last corner.  It was such an exciting race, and fun to watch....I sure got my $50 worth of fun (the cost for the pay per view).  Well, that race, and the killer move that Dale Mathison put on to take the lead in his heat, was worth of every penny!

Shane did not make the main event tonight.  I figured he'd be getting a little bummed out with his performance, but he says what he's doing is the best he can do with what he has to work with.  He said the car is setup perfect and hasn't felt better. Tonight he was flat footing around the entire track, and he still can't pass anyone.  I told him if he goes again, he better have the 'right' motor to be able to keep up... He replies with "then I won't have an excuse to suck".  It was a good laugh!

Onto Dale....He was the announcers pick to keep an eye on in his heat, and boy did he ever call that!  I can't even explain it in the amount of intensity it was. But basically he got held up by a couple cars in the beginning, and was running 5th.  He broke free from them, and drove into turn 3-4 harder and faster than anyone I have seen in my life, and surprised the crap out of the announcer.  This killer slide job put him in the lead (is it still a slide job if no contact is made and I don't think either of the other guys had to lift, cause by the time they saw him, he was gone!)  The video people have instant replay, and every time they replayed it, my jaw would drop in amazement! 

Feature time was not quite as exciting....He (Dale) was running 6th, and was holding his own when apparently he got a little high in corner 4, and as another car was passing him, that car slid up (I'm assuming he thought he had Dale cleared, but clearily did not, when they made contact.  The announcer said Dale was starting to come down, but I thought he had two choices: hit another car, or hit a concrete wall. So that sent Dale to the pits, ending his night. 
*Note: this my recollection of the way things happened.  There is always three sides to a story: yours, their, and the truth!
*I probably won't be doing updates as much when I'm in Florida (it's vacation, so I should really stay off the computer). But Dale's got his laptop along, so if I get bored I'll update this.  Sunday and Monday there is no racing, that is when we will head to Volusia Speedway (near Daytona Beach).  The weather prediction is looking horrible, with lots of rain in the forecast, so we'll have to see how much racing they get in.

1 comment:

bcdc said...

Updates were great! Thanks.