Monday, April 19, 2010

Long Overdue...

So I haven't updated in weeks (maybe more). I've been so busy with daycare (I got 2 new kids, and have no openings, which I guess is good for the money, but not so much for my insanity).  And now that racing has taken my weekends, I really don't have much time (and when there is time, I can usually find something better to do than type :)  And usually the people that care how Shane does send me a text asking for results, so I'm not too sure if this blogging is even worth my time... But for now, I'll continue to write when I get time...

But the races have been up and running for the past 3 weekends (since April 3rd).  We raced at Chateau Raceway, Deer Speedway, and Viking Speedway since then.  Shane has picked up 2 wins with the midwest mod, and has been so-so with the A-mod.  He has done fairly well with "new" A-mod at Chateau and Deer Creek. 

Pics from Deer Creek 2 weeks ago
 This past weekend was Viking Speedway's annual Fall Classic (which was post-poned til Spring).  Thursday night was practice and we brought both A-mods there to test and tune.  He said the "white" (new) one felt better driving, but he kept getting better lap times with the black "old" car.  He says the engine in the black car is way better than the white car, so he opted to race the black one.... Well, he couldn't seem to get out of his own way come feature time!  He ended up placing 13th. 

Shane redrew a 1 for his midwest mod starting position, and led all of it, for the $1,000 paycheck!  Guess who else hit the jackpot?! ...... ME!  I won $446 on the 50/50 drawing, which I spent $5 on tickets!  No shopping spree for me though.... I think I'll save it for entry fees for me and Mason!

So I always used to keep my camera in my purse, and now, since it takes up more room than my old one, I keep in the closet.  Well sure enough, that's where it sat all weekend.  So sorry for no "Fall Classic in the Spring" pics!

The weather this weekend was beautiful, Sunday Shane took the cars to Brainerd's practice, and Mason and I spent all day outside, riding 4-wheeler, biking, raking, and then he helped Shane wash the cars when he got home.  I was hoping the day wouldn't end, cuz I hate Mondays just as much as you do! 



2 comments:

Fouquette Racing said...

LOL. You won the money! I thought it was Shane. Sweet! We need to catch up soon - so much to talk about!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.