Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleep when baby sleeps???

When everyone's advice is 'sleep when baby sleeps'....obviously that only pertains to first time moms.  There's no way to nap with an almost 4 year old. The moment I close my eyes, I hear "mom, who's gonna stay awake with me?"  Well, now that you just woke me up, I will! I've been borderline zombie on some days, but we are managing to get by.  It should be law that dad's get paid leave too!

Braelyn turned 2 weeks last Friday (and her 2week check up is tomorrow), and she has been having some issues!  Through the research i've done, all I can come up with is what they call colic.  I though colic meant a "fussy, spoiled, hold-me-all-the-time baby, because I will cry for no reason until you do hold me".  But that is not the case (or not my case, anyway).  One doctor recommends calling it the "hurting baby" because obviously something hurts.  In her case, it's her tummy that's in so much pain.  I can hear air rumbling in her tummy and she just can't seem to find a comfortable position, and it's always worse right after feeding, and seems to get better when she passes gas or burps.  Although, Sunday is was ALL day long...  We tried gas drops and gripe water, both with no luck.

So Monday, I took her to the chiropractor and during the appt she tooted more than she has her whole life, and finally pooped twice when we got home (which she hasn't done in days).  So whatever the lady did seemed to help for the time being.  I also am eliminating dairy from my diet for now, since that's usually the first culprit if breastfeeding, and I found a more natural relief called colic calm that just came in the mail yesterday to help soothe stomach issues.  So, it's not by a lack of trying to figure out what works, that's for sure.  However, I think maybe I'm trying too many things at once!! 
Braelyn had a "real" bath finally, and as I'm dressing her, I hear "Mom, come here!" I went to the bathroom, and find Mason in the baby tub saying "see, I fit perfect!" 


 She likes to suck her fingers when shes hungry!

 Getting so strong!

 Bored one night, the boys decided to practice their aim....
and this was their target------->


Shane's deer... unfortunately whenever Mason went with they never seen any deer.

We also attended the Wissota National Banquet this past weekend, and unfortunately those pics didn't turn out real well.  Shane placed 7th with the A-mod and 2nd with the MWM. Congrats to all 2010 National Champs!!

No comments: