Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome Baby Braelyn


We have spent the past 3 days adoring our precious new baby! Braelyn Jean Sabraski entered the world on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 1:56pm- weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz and 20 inches long. We just love her to pieces!



My original due date was oct. 27, and being that the doctor thought she was getting pretty big, I opted to get induced 2 days later (plus I was losing my patience and getting very irritable)!  So, the night prior to going to the hospital I was having painful contractions but not close enough together to go in, and when I arrived to the hospital Friday morning I was dilated to 4 centimeters.  They started the pitocin (to get more constant contractions going) at 9am, and I started pushing at 1:46pm..... She was out at 1:56pm! A whole 10 minutes of pushing (I know I'm lucky!!)

 We had a scare when she arrived, as the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice, and her face was purple.  The doctor handed her to the nurse and they called more nurses in & gave her oxygen, and stimiluted her.  Basically she was in shock from it, and we are thankful it wasn't more serious.  Although, at the time, we were scared to death.
 Mason has been a great big brother, and wants to hold her all the time (to the point of annoying for me), but I'm glad he loves her so much already!  He has been doing pretty well, other than not listening to Shane or I very well, but he's adjusting pretty well to not being the only child anymore.  The first day home Shane took him out for a 4-wheeler ride, and he couldn't figure out why I could no longer ride with.  He said Braelyn could ride with too, but I told him she was too little.  As they left the yard, Shane said he started crying and said he wanted mom to come with.  Shane explained that I had to stay with the baby, but when she gets bigger we can all go.  He quit crying, but Shane said he was sad the entire ride.




 Well, that is all for now... I will put more pics up later and updates on how she's doing, but for now we are going to get ready for bed!

2 comments:

Fouquette Racing said...

She's beautiful!!! I can't wait to come see her!

Anonymous said...

great pussy baby girl wish I was there to get a good taste of it I LOVE ba by